Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Girl(s) Friday

Last week, my girlfriends Kim, Nikki, and Tin had a sleepover which spilled over to the next day, Friday.  It started out with a movie ("Limitless" starring Bradley Cooper) as we huddled under blankets in an air-conditioned home theater.  No pizza, no popcorn, no soda on hand but the air-con was enough for me to be deliriously happy (summer in the Philippines = unbearable).

The next day, we had a free-wheeling list of activities.  We worked out, swam, did yoga, had endless cups of coffee, baked muffins, romped around with the babies.  7-month-preggy Tin (fab as ever!) brought over her kiddos Miguela & Rukka and immediately a swimming party was in order. 



(oops sorry...couldn't help it. Hi Brad...hee hee)



baking in bikinis.  
from my Instagram (follow me at @nina_santamaria)


our banana-carrot-apple muffins were the bomb

as for this OTHER MUFFIN...Rukka I love you sooo much! 
Let me bite your hand for you please!!!

Her royal hotness, Tin.

The extraordinary thing about this day was...I dropped by another girlfriend's place on the way home.  Charisse and Celine are 2 very dear friends who I haven't seen in a LOOONG time! We've been planning to meet & catch up and since I was in the neighborhood, it was the perfect time.  Turns out, we had a lot of catching up to do.  The hours whizzed by really fast. 
The vegetable paninis made by Charisse was TOO AWESOME! I couldn't believe it was all veggies in there.  SO GOOD!  

with hot mommas Char & Celine

with Nikki, Tin & Rukka

with Kim



At the end of that fun Friday, as I plopped down showered & tired in my bed at home, I couldn't help but think how blessed I am to have girlfriends like these.  They may be busy with their work, kids, careers, and what-have-you...but for them to allot time every now and then to just hang out, catch up with each other's lives, and chill out is such a precious gift.  Talk about quality time.

Don't get me wrong...I have a few other girlfriends who fit this description.  But for that one particular Friday, it was a real treat to see five of them in one day.  I'm a lucky girl.  





1 comment: