Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Skirt Season

I'm no credible fashionista, and like most of my girl-friends I dress depending on how I feel (and nowadays, on how hot it is outside), but it sure is awesome to know every now and then that I'm not too far from the right track.  

Last March 23, the UPIDAA (UP Interior Design Alumni Association) held Awarding Ceremonies for its annual design competition, called IDisenyo 2013.  Being the project head for this, I was very proud of my fellow officers and the participating students who made the event a huge success.  I attended the event in a black "Skater Skirt" from Zara, and a pajama-like top from Dorothy Perkins.  



Here awarding the winning team, "Eco-Lab", who designed an awesome 
Classroom of the Future for Interior Design students

goofing around with future star interior designer Carla Sebastian


and with my friends Nicola & James, and cousin  / event photographer Charlie Gomez

(insert: this was my inspirations for the pajama top)


So anyway...I found out yesterday these "skater" skirts are hot right now 
as I stumbled upon them in Polyvore:

and in www.oliviapalermo.com...

Spring/Summer 2012


I also saw versions of this skirt in various lengths in street-fashion blogs everywhere:



Hooray for spring skirts! Ladies are just lovelier in them.






And then I saw this girl (above) at Habitually Chic a week after I wore this to a party:

Im not as skinny as her but we got the same formula:
Glitter + chambray/ light blue + nude shoes. 
Her hot pink clutch even matches my hot pink phone!

#kiligfashionmoment








No comments:

Post a Comment