Tuesday, April 02, 2013

White Shoes

A few months ago I was gifted with this pair of white pumps by our friend Karen, who used to work with us at Grupo Santamaria as an interior designer.  Now based in Singapore (and still as fashionable as ever), she would send me stuff for Christmas or "pasalubong" whenever she is randomly visiting Manila.  

It was a cute pair, but I've never had white shoes before, and knowing that skin-toned shoes will make your legs look longer while white was too stark a color thus making your legs look stubby (never mind, it's complicated), I wasn't sure if I could pull it off.  

Imagine my delight when I saw the exact same style of shoes featured in Garance Dore's Weekend Inspiration section.  White with clear sides too, but with higher heels.  And she shared another white pair sighting this month (see below):

Gianvito Rossi


Manolo Blahnik



So I guess it's officially the shoe to have this summer. Something I wouldn't mind having since it's a classic shape and color and can be used whatever the occasion, season, or trend.  I finally wore mine to my cousin Charlie Gomez' photo exhibit, paired with camouflage pants from Zara & a casual black shirt (exhibit's still on by the way, you can still catch it til April 10).  I loved it! (the shoes and the exhibit...)






Here goofing around with the crazybeautiful (and also white-heeled) Kim Jones.
And last night, at Surfing Philippines GoSurPH Kickoff Party at Craft Bar, I spotted gorgeous Nikki dela Paz's classic white pumps which went perfectly well with her all-black outfit and red lips. OK Jeff, you look great too. :-)

To Karen, thanks for my white shoe fashion fix!



No comments:

Post a Comment