Thursday, September 08, 2011

Beach House 4...in Color

I've been dreaming of building my own beach house for as long as I can remember that the look of my future surf shack has ranged from tropical to modern, mid-century to shabby chic, industrial to cottage style.  Duh... I know right.  I guess I'm too inspired to stay committed to any style! 


I am glad that somehow thru this blog, I am able to organize these dream homes so that I can easily sort thru them when the time is right, when it's time to build. :-)


There was a time I was into beach houses inspired a bit by the cottage / shabby chic/  rustic style, w/ jagged slabs of wood & jutting walls of stone mixed w/ refreshing shades of aqua, coral, & yellow...




the vision of pale teal with clapboard white never fail to give me a warm, snuggly beach feeling! It looks so inviting after staying out in the sun the whole day. 




This reminds me more of a surf place that can get really cold at night like Pagudpud...looks like Ivatan homes in Batanes...I like that the windows are left opened and unscreened & the natural stone walls must probably keep the place cool too. 





I love that the bathroom is door-less & open! I don't like cramped T&B's and if could just shower outdoors everyday, that would be absolutely heavenly...(plus you could shower/ brush your teeth/ do whatever without missing out on what your friends are talking about in the bedroom! hehe) 



plus some lovely accessories from Mother Nature...made of driftwood, twigs, shells, & other scraps you would otherwise throw away.



Til the next Beach House!


No comments:

Post a Comment